Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

And it is over...

I can't believe it's already here... the end of summer.  Tomorrow is my last day of summer break and then Monday it's back to work.  Chris gives me a hard time since he works all year round.  Definitely no sympathy from him!  I haven't updated all summer... What a slacker!  I was really holding out hope that we would have a new laptop, which runs faster, so I would feel more apt to update. No such luck.  So here I am typing on our old computer.

Our summer has been a great time for Chris and I. It had a few low points but really we can't complain.  I was able to travel with Chris twice this summer.  Once to Reno, NV where we got to spend some time up around Lake Tahoe, it was beautiful weather! I must say, when I packed, I had packed for Oklahoma weather.  It got quite chilly up in the mountains and I didn't bring ONE pair of jeans.  BRR!!!  This trip was also a difficult one as Caleb's due date came during the trip.  I miss my little man. We find happiness in knowing that he is being loved by many in Heaven. 

Our next trip was to Puerto Rico!  We just got back on Friday and we had a good time.  Chris had to work long days during the trip but we finally got to go to the beach for a bit our last full day there.  Next time more beach and less rain please:) 

A few other festivities of the summer included my mom and I going to Kansas City to see my sister-in-law graduate with her Masters in Bio Ethics and then help her and my brother move back to Tulsa. We drove up to Tulsa today to see Holly (SIL) get her white coat. She starts med school Monday.  We are so proud of her and extremely glad they are much closer to us again.

I am looking forward to what this school year has to bring.  A few things will be: an integration of two schools and staff, new ideas, positive thinking and soul searching.  Oh, and most importantly... FALL! I am so tired of the ridiculous heat! 

Done for now...

Melissa

1 comment:

danielle said...

i love that you get to travel with chris some! thats fun! and i am totally with you... bring.on.fall.