Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Surprise!!!




I would like to start out by saying that I have an amazing and wonderful husband. Not just because of the things he does for me, which are a huge plus, but because of who he is. I am so proud to be his wife!

Now, on to my story. As many, many, many if you know, this year my birthday is kind of a big deal for me. I am turning 30, that in and of itself is a big deal but my birthday this year is 10/10/10. How cool is it to have each number be the same and it adds up to your age?? So naturally I wanted a big party... I have been telling Chris that for a while now. Well last Saturday I got it! Here's how it went...

A few weeks ago my my Sami and I decided it had been way too long since we had made plans for a Sami/Mel day. We consulted our calendars and agreed on a date. Sami wanted to see 'You, Again' so we decided to eat lunch, go see the movie and stop by and look at her house which is almost finished. Oh and we also did a little shopping. :-) She asked if I was going to watch the OU game and I said yes and did she want to stay and we could order pizza? Well she said yes and so I called Chris and let him know of our plans. No big deal. Well we get to my house and there are a ton of cars down the street! I mentioned to Sami that someone must be having a party. I figured it was our next door neighbors as they have teenage girls. When we get to the door Sami opens it, which I think is a little weird seeing as though Chris ALWAYS keeps the door locked. I didn't think too hard on it because I had talked to him earlier to let him know we were on our way home. I just thought he had unlocked it for us. As I am walking into the house I see my friend Joshua right inside the door... I am thinking what is he doing here? I assumed maybe Chris has invited people over to watch the OU game. Then I see tons of others and it's still not clicking together until I finally see the Happy Birthday banners! I get several shouts of surprise and I am floored! I see my parents, my aunt, uncle and Lindsey, his parents are here from Plano and tons of our friends from church and a few from college and elsewhere. I am sure I looked so dumb because I am just staring at everyone. My husband had been planning this for at least a month! I wasn't expecting a surprise party but especially not one two weeks before my birthday! It was a fabulous day and my best friend Amy brought me the cake which I loved! The high heel was a perfect cake topper for me!

Thank you friends and family for showing me your love, kindness and friendship over the years. I am super blessed to have so many people who care for me, for us and we are ever grateful for you!! Thanks for making my birthday, hands-down, the best yet! Which is pretty impressive since I haven't had it yet! You are the best!

Chris, I love you too much for words to express, thank you for loving me and doing something so amazing for me. You totally got me!

No comments: